At Thunder Tool, we work with our customers to produce their component designs, to their specifications. We can prototype and mass-manufacture precision metal stampings of nearly any shape and size.
Our investment in automation has allowed us to develop new parts more quickly while lowering costs, giving our clients a competitive advantage
Our capabilities include:
- Presses from 40 to 1200 ton with servo feeders
- 600, 800 & 1200 large bed transfer
- Capable of manufacturing to extremely close tolerances
- Quality management systems ensure consistency of all production, from the most high-accuracy assemblies to simple hardware components
- Secondary operations include robotic MIG welding, robotic spot welding, robotic weld nut assembly, tox and toggle lock assembly, in-die tapping, and in-die clinch nut, and well as offline spot welding and tapping
- A wide range of heat treating, plating, painting, coating, and other finishing processes
We are equipped and experienced in the development and manufacture of components made of most commonly manufactured ferrous and non-ferrous metals, including:
- Dual phase steel
- Stainless steel
- Specialty alloys
Secondary Surface Treatments
We offer a complete and cost-effective high-volume parts surface treatment service, which can include, as required:
- Heat treating
We can also assemble and package parts for shipping.
Tool Transfer (“Takeover”) Programs
We have helped many of our clients reduce their manufacturing costs by outsourcing in-house metal stamping to Thunder Tool. Whether your in-house stamping operation is small or large, talk to us.
We are experienced in analyzing your needs and facilitating the conversion from in-house production to our efficient, automated, quality-controlled facility.